Dietary supplements in the form of highly palatable chews for the management of conditions of the lower urinary tract of cats and dogs.
Full action properties
- Vaccinim macrocarpon: rich in proanthocyanidins. Acidifies the urine.
- N-Acetyl-Glucosamine: helps to maintain the bladder mucosa in physiological conditions.
- Zea mays:
- It favors the increase of the urinary volume.
- Decreases the concentration of suspended substances in the urine.
- It helps in the long-term management of FLUTD or feline urological syndrome.
- It helps to maintain the physiological conditions of the lower urinary tract in dogs in the long term.
- Reduces the formation and reappearance of inorganic phosphate (Struvite) stones.
- It helps to strengthen the mucosa of the urinary bladder.
- Strengthens the lining of the bladder.
- Acidifies urine.
Urinary tract infections
They occur when bacteria, which normally live in and around the lower urinary tract, invade the urethra and infect the urine bladder, which is sterile under normal conditions. Most infections occur when the urine is alkaline, while acidic urine prevents bacterial infection.
Calculations, crystals in the bladder
Struvite stones form when certain types of bacteria seen in chronic urinary tract infections break down urea into ammonia. The ammonia then combines with phosphorus and magnesium and the stones form. Acidic urine helps prevent infection and consequently stone formation.
- Initial phase: 2 chews of Dialix UT-5 for every 5 kg of weight, once a day or divided into two doses for 2-4 weeks.
- Maintenance phase: 1 chew of Dialix UT-5 for every 5 kg of weight, once a day or divided into two doses.
- Dialix UT-5: 1 chew for every 5 kg of weight, once a day or divided into two doses.
- Dialix UT-15: 1 chew for every 15 kg of weight, once a day or divided into two doses.